Operation Safe Passage
Operation Safe Passage is a program to protect children from being abducted while walking to and from school, or waiting at bus stops. In addition, it enhances pedestrian safety along safe walking routes and reduces opportunities for bullies to intimidate other children.
We welcome interested individuals to participate. Volunteers work directly with the Sandy City Police Department Crime Prevention Unit.
- Complete a background check at the Sandy City Police Department prior to acceptance in the program
- Receive all training online to accommodate their schedule
- Learn their role as an Operation Safe Passage Volunteer
- Learn to recognize and report criminal activity to the police
- Serve as another set of eyes and ears for the police department
- Become a member of the Operations Safe Passage online group to share timely information, observed suspicious behavior, and receive alerts when a call for volunteers is needed to participate in a search for a child or special needs adult
Volunteers wear Operation Safe Passage identification we provide while walking, driving children to and from school, waiting with them at bus stops, and for search call outs.