Elementary School Art Show Update, in response to COVID-19
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in Utah, following the direction and recommendations of government and health officials. In order to help slow the spread of COVID-19, Governor Herbert announced yesterday that all Utah gatherings should be limited to 100 people for at least the next two weeks, with additional restrictions for at risk groups. In addition, the Utah Department of Arts & Museums is strongly recommending to cancel or postpone any gathering where people cannot be at least six feet apart.
In response to these recommendations, the Sandy Arts Guild’s Elementary School Art Show will be postponed.
We will continue to monitor the emerging situation in Utah and review the state recommendations as they are updated. Our top priority is to help mitigate the impact and spread of COVID-19 and protect vulnerable populations in our community. We are making every effort to avoid canceling this event and hope to reschedule in the future. We will keep you posted with any updates.
We know several schools have their own art shows in the coming months. If you still plan to host these events, we are happy to work with each school and return the artwork as needed, or keep the artwork in our offices until the new dates of the ESAS.
If you would like your artwork returned to you, or if you have any questions, please contact Nicole Cowdell at email@example.com or 801-352-4457.
The Elementary School Art Show is a free event open to all K-6 elementary school students in Sandy (including public, private & charter). Artwork is judged and awards are given to Best In Show, Mayor's Choice/T-shirt Design, and 1st/2nd/3rd/Honorable Mention in each grade. The Award Ceremony and display are free events open to the public, hosted at The Shops at South Town.
Congrats to our 2019 winners!
- Best In Show: Brigham Boyer, 5th Grade, Willow Canyon
- T-Shirt Winner (Mayor's Choice): John Libertini, 2nd Grade, Saint John
- 6th Grade:
- 1st Place: Hailey Cutler, APA Draper One
- 2nd Place: Hudson York, APA Draper One
- 3rd Place: Megan Hing, Grace Lutheran
- Honorable Mention: Mia Munoz, APA Draper One
- 5th Grade:
- 1st Place: Maria Lopez, Peruvian Park
- 2nd Place: Christian Rico, Grace Lutheran
- 3rd Place: Sydney McArthur, APA Draper One
- Honorable Mention: Alexis Bergstrom, Sunrise
- 4th Grade:
- 1st Place: Amara Fallgeeter, Butler
- 2nd Place: Natelie Osterhout, Willow Springs
- 3rd Place: Eli Poland, Brookwood
- Honorable Mention: Izzy Garcia, Saint John
- 3rd Grade:
- 1st Place: Kiara Peterson, Butler
- 2nd Place: Jane Baumeister, Peruvian Park
- 3rd Place: Alice Li, Sunrise
- Honorable Mention: Alec Velasquez, Bella Vista
- 2nd Grade:
- 1st Place: Isha Rane, APA Draper One
- 2nd Place: Jackson Arlie, Saint John
- 3rd Place: Ashley Luckau, Altara
- Honorable Mention: Mikaela Seiler, Quail Hollow
- 1st Grade:
- 1st Place: Cruz Fawson, Quail Hollow
- 2nd Place: Cooper Madeo, APA Draper One
- 3rd Place: Ava Bailey, APA Draper One
- Honorable Mention: Sofia Lyhnakis, Blessed Sacrament
- 1st Place: Mackenzie Johnson, Grace Lutheran
- 2nd Place: Taylor Buttars, Quail Hollow
- 3rd Place: Anders Collins, Grace Lutheran
- Honorable Mention: Jacob Stoen, Blessed Sacrament