"ART IN THE GARDEN"
SEGO LILY PLEIN AIR QUICK DRAW
The 2019 Plein Air Quick Draw Competition was held on Saturday June 8th. We were so thrilled by the turnout - a record number of adult & youth artists joined us this year!
2019 Event Schedule & Information:
- 9am: Registration ($10 for Adults, $5 for Youth and Artists with Disabilities)
- 9 - 9:30am: Plein Air Demonstration (optional)
- 9am -12:30pm: Create art (including framing)
- 12:30pm: Submit framed art to be judged
- 12:30 - 1pm: Judging
- 1pm: Awards
Awards will be given for:
- Best In Show
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd in Adult Category
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd in Youth Category
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd in Artists with Disabilities Category
Blick art is donating gift bags with discount coupons included to the first 25 artists to enter!
Winning artwork will be displayed at:
- Sandy Senior Center (June 10-20)
- Sandy City Hall (June 21-28)
- Sandy Library (July 1- 25)
Rules and Regulations:
- Adult division for those 18 and older
- Youth division for those 17 and under, must be accompanied by an adult
- Artist will supply his or her own blank canvas, supplies, frame and wire for hanging or displaying the art.
- Maximum width of art is not to exceed 30 inches including the frame.
- Artist may use watercolor, acrylic, oil, pastels, pencil, pen and ink, mixed media and sculpture.
- Artists must work from a blank canvas and work must be completed "en plein air" on location at the Sego Lily Garden. Anything in the garden may be used as subject matter. Artists may not work from a photograph. Subject matter must be something in the Sego Lily Gardens.
- Work will be judged according to all the elements of art. The winners and other works chosen will travel and be on display at the Sandy Senior Center (June 10-20), Sandy City Hall (June 21-28), and the Sandy Library (July 1-25)
- The art may be labeled for sale at a price the artist chooses. Sale of the art will be up to the artist. Pieces not for sale should be labeled as such.
- Art traveling will not be released until the show is over. Release date: Friday July 26th 10:30-12:00 at Sandy City Library. Work not picked up will be donated to a good cause.
- Art not selected must be picked up on the day of the competition
Questions? Contact Nicole Cowdell at 801-568-6097 or email@example.com.