The 2020 Spring Bulk Waste Collection begins on March 16th and continues through mid-June. Watch for your card in the mail and please follow the guidelines listed below.
- Place bulk waste curbside no sooner than the Saturday prior to your scheduled collection date (no later than 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled date).
- Do not put waste on the park strip, against a fence, or on top of a utility box or storm water inlet grate. Put the pile in the street.
- Place all green waste (shrubs, branches, wood) in one pile. Place all other trash into a separate pile (two feet away).
- Don't park within 15 feet of either pile to allow the loader to have enough space to work.
- Loose material (leaves, twigs, pine needles, wood chips, etc.) must be placed inside trash bags or boxes.
- Lawnmowers and other similar items must have the oil and gasoline removed.
- 55-gallon containers must be emptied and have either the tops removed or be cut in half.
- All materials, including tree limbs and stumps, should be cut into 4 foot lengths and be no more than 18" in diameter.
- If you hire a landscaper or contractor to do work at your home, they are responsible for removing and disposing all debris.
- Hauling bulk waste to another location is considered illegal dumping. If you see illegal dumping, please get the license plate number and contact the Police Department at 801-799-3000.
Items Sandy City will not pick up
- Rocks, concrete, gravel, dirt or sod.
- Construction debris such as sheet rock, tiles, glass, roofing materials or bricks.
- Vehicle parts, tires or propane tanks.
- Oil, gas, batteries, paint, flammable, toxic or hazardous chemicals. For disposal of household hazardous waste call Salt Lake County Health Department at (385) 468-3862.
- Items containing a refrigerant such as Freon (refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners) must have the chemical removed by a professional and a copy of the receipt must be attached to it.
A few final notes
- Scavenging through piles is discouraged.
- If you see waste placed curbside sooner than the Saturday before the scheduled collection date, please contact Code Enforcement at 801-568-7254.
- This service is unavailable to businesses, apartments, condominiums, mobile home parks, or anyone not a resident of Sandy City.
If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 801-568-2999.